Friday, September 15, 2017

Make a Hat

It's Make a Hat Day!

While the term 'make' implies, to me at least, I should be crafting a hat out of newspaper, I guess you'll let me slide if I knit one instead. 

knitting a button brimmed hat with acrylic yarn. For sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Make a Hat

I've been on a brief vacation from knitting with my normal wool.  This hat is being knit with acrylic yarn I picked up during a recent my-dog-is-sick pity party I threw myself at the local big box craft store.  I walked into the store, let the party begin & just started tossing things into my cart.  I almost had to get two carts.  Luckily, almost the entire store was on sale.  I threw so much yarn into my cart, I practically doubled my yarn stash, and let's don't even talk about the stamping and drawing supplies I bought.  I haven't rubber stamped since the '90's and I didn't even enjoy it that much back then.  And drawing??  Have you ever seen me draw?  Nope! I do not draw.  Oh well. It was all on sale, it made me feel better (at least until the bill comes in) and now I have some really great things to donate to the library's arts & craft box.

The shopping excursion/pity party wasn't a total waste though.  I've already knit several hats and a pair of mittens with the yarn I purchased.  The rubber stamps make great paper weights (one even has a cute sheep on it!) and my calendar is now nice and colorful with all the art pen notes I've made.

And that hat in the photo - it's not really that cherry read pictured.  It's more of a deep maroon that my camera/phone/computer refuses to acknowledge. 

So, what about you?  Are you making a hat today?  If so, share a photo or a link in the comments below.  I'd love to see your creation(s).

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was make a hat day! I must find something to cast on with. Where are all these day things listed? I miss out on so much!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these crazy holidays. Google "weird holidays" or "fun holidays" and I usually include the month so the list isn't quite so long. Butterscotch Pudding Day is coming up next week! :)

      Delete
  2. Yarn purchases are a perfect way to celebrate a pity party!
    A sheep stamp might be nice for gift tags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making hats but not one a day! I am knitting: a sweater, shawl and hats. This is keeping me out of trouble :)

    ReplyDelete