Tuesday, August 23, 2016

And then I had a coma

My knitting has been sporadic at best for the last week.  There was that nasty eye infection (which spread to the other eye,) there was family 'stuff' and of course, there was work.  Work got the better of me and I ended up falling apart and going home early Sunday night. I honestly don't understand how I could possibly come down with a different sickness with all the antibiotics pumping through my system but apparently it is possible.  Monday morning I woke up long enough to call out sick then went back to sleep until about 7 p.m.   It's amazing what 19 hours of sleep will do for you.  Actually, it was more like 19 hours of coma.

It really is amazing what 19 hours of sleep/coma can do.  I feel much better but I also have  one sunburned knee.  Apparently, my curtains were open and one knee was sticking out from under the covers.  Oh well.  The sunburned knee just goes along with the still red, puffy eyes.  It's a look.

But since this is supposed to be about my knitting....

lace garter stitch shawl hand knit with Pittura wool. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/antarktis
Antarktis Shawl

Thanks to a bit of gentle persuasion from Karen over at Pumpkin Sunrise, I cast on my own version of Antarktis shawl this morning.  It doesn't look like much yet but I feel unbelievably productive.  Row-count wise, it's a crazy fast project to knit.  At least it starts out that way.  We'll see how fast it feels when there's almost 200 stitches on the needle.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!! mine is blocking :) Bummer about the eye infection spreading. I hope you throw away all makeup and start fresh too, because that can keep the infection brewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you've been showing off your green Antarktis. I've seen lots of people knitting the shawl but for some reason your green one was the motivation I needed to start mine. As for the makeup.... It killed me to toss it because I had just bought new eye shadow & mascara the week before but but they are both in the trash now.

      Delete