Saturday, February 24, 2024

Stupid February

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike the month of February?  February has never been a good month for me and this year .... Well, this year, February simply sucks.  First, I had that stomach bug that lasted four or five days.  Then I got the cold/sinus thing which is still hanging around two weeks later.  And for the icing on the February cake, we've spent the last 36+ hours in the ER.  My husband had a bit of a health scare but after about 45 thousand tests/procedures and even more medicines, they hope to send him home shortly.  We're just waiting for the final approval from the doctor.


On a more positive note, the hubster will be fine, although we may end up divorced after all my future nagging about taking his health more seriously.  

And, I finished the Rambling Rows blanket.  That photo is the best I can do from ER.  I never got around to taking a photo of the finished blanket.  But yeah, I went with the icord border and am glad I did.  I don't know why I was dreading it so much.  The icord knitting went super fast - much, much faster than a garter border would have been.  After being on the To Knit list for four years, I'm pretty dang excited to be done with that blanket.  I even already got the loose ends woven in!

Maybe February doesn't suck so bad after all.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, no....you have had the rotten luck this month. I hope your Mister is on the mend and I totally get that divorce thing. After a hip and knee replacement last year my Mister has been on my list too.
    On a happier note, I always found hospital knitting to be very productive. I knit like the wind when I'm stressed so projects fly off the needles. I can't wait to see your blanket's mug shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any knitting with me! Well, actually, I did but it was an old project I'd just pulled out of the Needs to Be Finished pile and instead of a pattern being in the bag, there was a post-it-note telling me which book the pattern was in. Thankfully I had a sashiko project stuffed down in the bottom of my bag. That saved me.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I am sorry this month has been such a terrible one! Here's hoping that March brings good health for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and me too! I am definitely looking forward to a new month.

      Delete