Saturday, February 17, 2024

Cupcakes and Wine

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.  I got Mucinex and tissues.  I can't believe that less than a week after having that horrible stomach bug, I got the cold/sinus/flu bug.  Thankfully, the day before I got sick this time around, I'd accidentally bought myself cupcakes.


I didn't mean to buy so many.  I was at work and noticed the Key Lime cupcakes.  And the strawberry sounded good too but... Key Lime!  I grabbed a box and did a price check.  They were on a Buy One Get One type sale so... I went back and got the strawberry too.  But while I was grabbing the strawberry, I noticed the lemon.  I love lemon flavored deserts.  And if I was going to get key lime, strawberry and lemon, I had to get the fourth box so....  Now I have cupcakes!

What I don't have is wine bottles.


I saw this idea on Facebook.  I feel terrible that I'm not sharing the source but I guess the fever got to me and I didn't keep track of where it came from.  I just remember seeing it on Facebook.  Anyway.... I have a lot of those plants and am constantly rooting pieces of it and I absolutley love this idea!  The problem is, just a few weeks ago, I threw away over 20 empty wine bottles I'd been saving for a 'one of these days I'll make something with these'  type craft project.  Doh!  Oh well.  Guess I just need to drink more wine.  


Meanwhile, I've continued knitting on Rambling Rows.  I've made a little more progress since taking that photo.  I'm currently on block 52 out of 55.  I am so excited to get this baby finished.  It's only been four years in the making.  The problem is, once I'm 'finished,' I need to dig through the stash pile and find a skein or two to knit a border around it.  I'm torn between a garter border or an icord border.  I want the icord border but I'm having a hard time mentally facing that much icord. Not sure why - icord is pretty simple and would probably take less time than a garter border, but....

While I try to choose border styles, here's a picture of Hayden's Valentine's Day hair-do.


She had heart hair!  After the photo was taken, her mom even turned the heart red by rubbing red eyeshadow over it.  So stinking cute.

And now, I'm going to go finish my Mucinex, eat cupcakes and drink wine.

Happy knitting!

6 comments:

  1. You've had a rough break lately with all the illness. Let's hope this is the last of it and you're soon feeling 100% again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm finally going back to work today. I don't remember ever having back to back illness like this before.

      Delete
  2. I did the same thing with Little Debbie's. I started with the Valentine hearts-chocolate and vanilla, then went to the Zebras, and ended up with the brownies. I've got boxes of them. And don't get me started on the Girl Scout cookies I've brought home. I don't even have the excuse of being sick to cloud my judgement.
    I can't believe that is Hayden's hair. I keep thinking she is just a baby. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of glad my Girl Scout cookie connection failed to show up this year. As for Hayden, she's about to turn 4! Very hard to believe!

      Delete
  3. wow you are being slammed, I hope you are better soon and that you have super power immunity!!

    ReplyDelete