Saturday, February 10, 2024

It's raining. Again.

Goodness! It's been a wet winter.  Sadly, we've had no real snow, but we have had 9+ inches of rain since the first of December.  And it's raining again today.  Good grief!  I really shouldn't complain because we are now 'water front' rather than 'swamp mud' fronted. The view is definitely nicer.

Anyway...

I've been knitting.


After finishing the brown striped socks, I pulled Rambling Rows out of the UFO pile.  According to Ravelry, I started this Cottage Creations blanket in April, 2020.  I've knit a few of these blankets before and really like the pattern. It's super simple but the color changes keep you from getting bored, and best of all, the blocks are large-ish so there are only 100's of ends to weave in at the end instead of 1,000's.  

The blanket is made up of multiple sizes of mitered squares and rectangles, it's super easy to knit and it's a great way to use up leftover yarns.  For this version, I'm using fingering weight and it's going to be more of an oversized baby/lap blanket size.  I'm thinking seriously of knitting another (or maybe 3 more) and sewing them together to form a blanket big enough for a large bed.  But considering it's taken me four years to get this far.... probably not.  But on a positive note, I'm on block 47 out of 55.  Here's hoping I can stick with it and actually get it finished.  


I'm really enjoying this 'finishing' thing.  I finished the summer/4th of July diamond painting.  I'm not really into the shiny/sparkley way the finished pieces look (although I LOVE my sparkley snowflake coasters) but I do enjoy attaching the diamond dots to the backing.  It's so mindless and meditative.  I went a little crazy last summer and ordered multiple coaster sets and three large seasonal designs.  There's this one for summer, an autumn one with pumpkins, and a winter one with a snowman.  They're all the same size and the idea is to buy one frame that I can move the diamond paintings in and out of seasonally.  The goal is to finish one each quarter.  We'll see how that goes.

And, I finished the shawl.


I haven't blocked it and honestly, I may just skip that process entirely because the yarn is so soft and drapey as is.  I used almost 5 full skeins of Obsidian City Tweed and most of a skein of Snowbank.  I didn't use a pattern, it's just a simple triangular, bottom up, garter stitch shawl.  Easy peasy and now I have another item checked off the list and 6 skeins of yarn out of the stash pile.  Win/win.

Happy knitting!


5 comments:

  1. You've been busy! The Mister is also obsessed with those diamond dot things. I have no idea where we are going to put them all but I'm not complaining since they keep him out of my hair...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, They do tend to suck you in for hours at a time.

      Delete
  2. That shawl is going to be so cozy to wrap up in! I've only tried out diamond painting (my daughter and her friend spent the better part of two weeks doing it last spring break), but I can see how it can be very addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had pockets of rain on Saturday while driving but overall not too bad. Yay for shawl finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our blog is really commendable. We are the Blanket Manufacturer In Panipat providing blankets across the globe.Our blankets are lovingly assembled, bringing together comfort and personal touch in every fiber. Top-notch cloud collection Blankets are a constant reminder that life may be a whirlwind, but there are pockets of perfect calm ready to envelop you at the end of a long day.

    ReplyDelete