Friday, January 13, 2023

Mimosa Part 2

Knitting on the Mimosa sweater continues.

I don't understand why it's taking so long to knit this sweater.  The fabric grows quickly and it's the only thing I've knit on since Christmas.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with spending 90% of my spare time eating leftover Christmas cakes and candy instead of knitting.


The body is completed, except for sewing it up, and I've started the first sleeve.  I don't think I've ever knit a cuff-up sleeve before.  This one looks like a giant mushroom.

I'm waiting to do the sewing until the sleeves are done.  I knit the required number of rows on the front and back but they look a little short to me.  Hopefully it's just that I'm freakishly tall and the sweater will be plenty long and oversized on Sarah.  But if not, I have a plan to elongate the shoulders.  Hopefully that plan will not need to be executed because I'm afraid it will look weird once the sleeves are attached.  We'll just have to wait and see about that.  

Hopefully by next Friday I'll be writing about a completed sweater.  I'm just about out of Christmas candy. (Thank goodness!  I'm not sure my waistband can stand much more!)  Hopefully I'll be spending a lot more time knitting and a lot less time opening mini Reese's wrappers this week.

Happy knitting and happy Friday 13th!

1 comment:

  1. My Musselburgh hat is doing the same thing to me. I knit, knit, knit while watching TV at night and I swear it doesn't grow. It's starting to scare me.

    ReplyDelete