Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sunday Supper - Beef Tenderloin

Okay, my Sunday Supper posts tend to have some sort of Christmas related theme for the month of Decmember and this year is no different.  

I'm feeling extremely southern these days.  Actually, I've been feeling extra southern since I started working at the grocery store.  Never in my life have I been called Honey, Darling, Sugar or Sweetheart so often.  The store is the mainstay of a very rural farming community so maybe it's to be expected.  I don't know.  It bothered me a little at first, specially since I'm... well, I'm old and gray haired, and I would estimate that 90% of the men over 30 say some form of, "How you doing, Darling?" or "Thanks Sweetheart."  It was very weird and felt horribly sexist in the begining but I've gotten used to it now and have actually started to enjoy it.  

Goodness, next thing you know, I'll be in the kitchen barefooted and wearing my pearls! Ha!

I should probably also mention that the 10% of men who don't call me Sugar or whatever, do say yes mam or thank you mam.  Mam is included in there somewhere.  It's all very polite and southern and has got me thinking about southern Christmas's so....

This year's Sunday Supper theme will be traditional southern Christmas foods.

To start off the month, we have....


Beef tenderloin.  I know, you were expecting fried squirrel or something weren't you?  But nope!  We save the squirrel for weeknights.  

At Christmas, we eat beef tenderloin and this recipe from Southern Living couldn't be easier.

Does rubbing something with butter, salt and pepper then sticking it in the oven even count as a "recipe?"


No comments:

Post a Comment