Friday, August 26, 2022

I swear!

I swear, the more I knit, the more my yarn stash pile grows.  For every yard of yarn I knit up, two more yards appear in my yarn crates.  Does that ever happen to you?  My goal used to be to use up all my yarn but at this rate, I will never, ever be able to reach my much smaller goal of just making a visible dent in the pile.

Maybe I should give up my goals, become a full-on hoarder and just go yarn shopping.


As usual, that photo has bad lighting and does not do justice to the yarn.  That middle hat and coordinating fingerless gloves just may be my all time favorite knitted item.  Okay, favorite set.

So, since the last post, I'm up to 18 slip stitch hats completed, 3 pairs of fingerless gloves have been knit and one way-too-stiff hair scrunchy has been crocheted.  The hair scrunchy was super simple to make but I definitely need either thinner yarn or a much larger crochet hook.


I love how different these two hats look despite being knit with the same two yarns.

Something super exciting has happened here in our household.  Sarah, my daughter, has become a crafter.  She's chosen crochet over knitting which I'm dealing with.  I keep reminding myself that at least this way, she won't be stealing my knitting needles.  Sarah already has a yarn storage box and a project bag!  She started off making pumpkin coasters, graduated to cup cozies and is now crocheting herself a granny square sweater.  I'm just so excited that we can mother/daughter craft together,... Although, it is going to make the Montpelier Fiber Festival a lot more expensive this fall.

This cozy looks Much better on my travel cup/bottle that it was designed for but said cup is in the dishwasher so a plain water bottle is modeling it.


Another exciting thing is this pegboard room divider.  I bought it to use at craft shows and the hinges fold in either direction so it can be bent in all kinds of ways.  I'm super excited about it and plan to buy all kinds of pegboard accessories to put on it.  Meanwhile, it's taking up space in my very, very messy closet.


Oh, and one more exciting event - Hayden became an auto mechanic.  I love her choice of attire.  What else would a well dressed female mechanic wear to work besides a pink tutu and cowboy boots?


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think my yarn multiplies on its own in my stash. But my daughter has recently started doing a lot of crochet, just like yours, and is using up all my kitchen cotton. I'm going to need to hide the good stuff from her soon!

    I fully approve of Hayden's outfit -- who says you can't look fancy while working on the truck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool hats! The only thing that tamed my stash was packing up three huge boxes of it and taking it to the senior center. They were beyond thrilled to have it and very impressed with my fancy stash. I guess they expected to get boxes of Red Heart but what they got was some pretty darn nice stuff.
    I love the pegboards I put up in my craft room. Ikea sells all kinds of cool organization things to stick in them. At least they did. I haven't been in an Ikea in ages.

    ReplyDelete