Friday, August 19, 2022

Busy, busy, busy

 I've been a busy little beaver lately.


Remember the slip stitch hat pattern I mentioned designing a while back?  I'm totally obsessed with it.  TOTALLY!  And yes, I realize I sound like an '80's Brat Pack movie and I don't even care.


I was going to wait until I'd launched the hats into my Etsy shop but who am I kidding.  I can't stop knitting the hats long enough to photograph them for the shop, much less to 'launch' them.  After knitting five or six, I decided I needed to order more yarn.


I beaded socks while I waited for the new yarn delivery.  By the way, if you are ever beading socks and eating peanuts at the same time, be very, very careful.  You're likely to get confused and break a tooth.

Sadly, the new yarn went on quite an adventure in New Jersey.


According to the tracking updates, it arrived in New Jersey three different times.  When it finally arrived on my doorstep, it wasn't even in a Knit Picks box anymore.  The only label on the box was from the local postal distribution center not 20 minutes from my house.  And it was torn open on the bottom and the tape on the top of the box was only on one side so that the box wasn't sealed and yarn was poking out and stuck in the tape.   No worries though.  Knit Picks has excellent customer service and new, fresh, clean yarn was on it's way to me after just one quick phone call.


While I waited for the replacement yarn, I grew a tomato.  Yeah, don't laugh.  That one tiny "Big Boy" tomato cost about $45 and hours and hours of time and attention.  It's pretty obvious I need to stick to knitting and not farming.

The replacement yarn arrived and I started hat knitting again.


And again.  And again and again and again.  I have now made 16 of these hats and I'm not even the slightest bit bored with the pattern.  There are just so many possible color combinations!  

It's probably a good thing I've signed up to be a vendor at several Christmas bazaars craft shows.


And while I knit, I watched Hayden play in the pool.  She absolutely loves the water and while you wouldn't know it from this photo, she happily floats around all by herself.  She doesn't jump in from the side of the pool but she does like to take a step or two down the stairs and jump in from there.  Needless to say, the deck security has become like Fort Knox.  Not to wish her life away, but I sure will be glad when she's three feet taller and can stand with her head out of the water.

Until next time, happy knitting!

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you're so addicted to that slip-stitch pattern -- it's lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pools always made me nervous with little kids, I was on hyper alert! She is growing quickly for me. I love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my...that yarn did have quite the adventure. I'm glad you got it sorted out.
    I hear you about the tomato. Same thing happened to me last year when I got the bug to grow things on the deck in buckets. I bought so much stuff and got a handful of sorry tomatoes and one green pepper. Even high up on the deck the bugs got more to eat than we did

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great hat to knit! If you ever get bored with making them for your shop, you should consider releasing the pattern ;-)

    ReplyDelete