Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday Supper - Turkey Soup

Got leftover turkey?  Normally we use up our leftover turkey in sandwiches then all the teeny tiny little scrap pieces get tossed into some kind of casserole.  But this year, I thought I'd do something different.


Okay, not all That different.  You know me - I like the tried and true.  But instead of a casserole, I thought I'd give soup a try this year.  I don't think I've ever made turkey soup before.  Chicken soup, yes.  Constantly!  But not turkey soup for some odd reason.  So, this year I'll be trying A Taste of Home's homemade turkey soup.

And to keep you updated, I didn't get very far teaching Hayden to sing Alice's Restaurant. There's always next year and it is a pretty wordy song.  But, hey - there's always Christmas carols.  She definitely knows the word "no" so I think the first song we'll work on will be Noel.  She's already halfway there!  Her parents are going to love me! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry now I didn't bring the carcass home from the smoked turkey that SIL made. It would have made some spectacular soup. The Mister said it was the best leftover turkey he ever had.
    My son in Michigan played Alice's Restaurant for the Baby Grand after his nap time on Thanksgiving and he said he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used my leftover turkey(steak) to make veggie/steak potato skins! LOL

    ReplyDelete