Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Stripes!

I have either lost my mind completely or had a wonderful, fun idea.  I'm hoping for wonderful and fun.


I have a bunch of, as in, a whole dresser full, of Palette from Knit Picks that I'd like to use up.  Or at least make a noticable dent in.  So I thought I'd knit a striped sweater.

And that's where the craziness kicked in.  I decided to take as many different colored skeins as I could cram into a large container with me to Winterfest.  While the moms are shopping in our booth, the kids can look through the yarn and choose a color.  Then I pull their age in yards off the skein and use that yarn to knit the next color stripe.  

And to make it more fun, I plan to post updates weekly?? Maybe every other week??  I haven't really decided that yet.  We'll just have to see how quickly the sweater progresses.  Since the kids seemed interested in seeing photos of their color choices knit up, I am hoping to post more frequently on Instagram.   

I think letting the kids choose the colors will make a fun and interesting sweater while taking the decision making pressure off me.  I'm going to do my very best to keep the stripes in the order the kids pick out but I may occasionally have to apply a little artistic license.  For example, three kids picked out the same color, one after the other Sunday night.  And one of those kids was 16 and the other two were both 10.  That would have made 36 yards of one color - so I decided to break them up a little.  But other than instances like that, I'm going to do my very best to (1) not influence the kids' color choices, and (2) keep the yarns they choose in the right order.

Wish me luck and a wearable sweater. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  I'm having a hard time believing it's Thanksgiving already.



3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! I've got a cabinet full of Palette also and if I broke down some kits I've bought and never intend to knit I'd have even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a genius idea. It really does take the pressure off trying to come up with a plan and makes it random. Should make a fun sweater, too!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never do scrappy, I always end up changing things to suit my taste. LOL. Hope you enjoyed the Holiday!

    ReplyDelete