Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sunday Supper - Pumpkin Soup

Before we start talking food, make sure you've changed your clocks.  Daylight Savings ended in the wee hours of this morning.

I thought I'd share a few Thanksgiving ideas for November's Sunday Suppers.  And, since, with the exception of the turkey, Thanksgiving always seems to be centered around pumpkins, I thought I'd share a pumpkin soup recipe today.


This pumpkin soup recipe from Delish.com sounds yummy and super easy to make.  We've never had a Thanksgiving soup course before, but there's always a first time.

Hopefully on the day, I will fill up on healthy pumpkin soup rather than carb-filled stuffing and mashed potatoes.

And don't forget, make sure Alice's Restaurant is playing in the background while you're cooking.  The food always tastes better with Alice's help.

And on an Alice's Restaurant note, Hayden isn't singing the words yet but she does say, "choo choo" when it gets to the, "...just a half a mile from the railroad track..." verse.  In Hayden's world, all trains and train tracks are choo choo's.  She won't sing with me yet, but at least I know she's listening to the words. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ


2 comments:

  1. I love anything pumpkin! I could use a piece of pumpkin pie right now but I refuse to have any until Thanksgiving. It just feels wrong to have it before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks great. I love your information that Hayden is listening to the song. I can't get it out of my mind? Thanks for that earworm.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete