Friday, November 12, 2021

So Close

The third and final needlepoint pillow top is SO close to being finished.  Needlepoint wise at least. 


I tried so hard to finish the needlepoint last night but I started yawning every five seconds and my eyes were watering from all that yarning and I just couldn't properly see the wholes in the canvas.  But today...  Today this baby will be finished!

I have mixed emotions about completing this piece.  It's the third and final one and I've really enjoyed the meditative aspect of stitching the larger sections.  I'm also quite excited to scratch it off the crafty to-do list but at the same time, I want to start another. And more importantly, I don't want to have to add "sew pillow backing to the needlepoint pillows" to my craft to-do list.

I really amy going to miss having some needlepoint on standbye when I need a break from knitting.  I may have to go in search of more canvases to buy.  I'm not sure where to start looking though.  I haven't seen needlepoint in stores in, well, a very, very long time.  I'm sure someone out there in craft-land sells them though.  I'm sure Google will help me but if any of you have a favorite needlepoint shop, I'd love to hear about it.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas. I "think" Hershnerrs sells needlepoint. They used to anyway.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Hershnerrs reminder. I used to get their catalog but haven't seen one in years.

      Delete
  2. I know just what you mean. I have the same dread with the rugs I am hooking. I think that's why I never finish them but just keep adding more and more to my stash of UFOs. I like hooking but I hate turning them into something else like a pillow or putting binding on them for rugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the things we do to our craft stash in an effort to avoid the parts of crafting we don't like.

      Delete
  3. I like having projects finished so I can start something new. Lovely needlepoint!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finishing the fun part of projects but am admittedly pretty slow to finish they ughy parts.

      Delete