Tuesday, October 12, 2021

More mittens

First of all, thank all of you for helping me get over my desire to spend 1,000's of dollars and years of my life on TKGA's Master Knitter Program.  Signing up for it has been on my Someday to-do list for years.  Many, many years.  But I've never been able to make myself commit to doing it.  Now, if I ever find myself in the situation where I need that Master Knitter qualification, I can blame y'all instead of myself for not having it.  😁



I finished the red mittens and even blocked them.  I need real mitten blockers but I don't, or at least I haven't in the past, knit them frequently enough to warrant buying a set. 

Hopefully the photo's angle makes those mittens look so long and thin and my hands aren't actually that weird looking.

It's also a good thing I don't plan to knit more shawls anytime soon.  I have to block everything on my bed these days.  In the past I have always used the dining room table because the family was always happy to eat in the living room but with Hayden and her high chair....  The last time I used the table, I made sure my blocking mats were as far away from her high chair as possible but... Oops.  Spaghetti sure can fly long distances.


After the red mittens, I cast on a purple and white pair and spent an entire glorious cool, rainy fall day sitting on the very messy covered porch knitting and reading while wrapped in a blanket.  I even brought out, and lit, a fall scented candle.  It was awesome!


And then I watched a Hallmark?? movie and saw this sweater.  I must MUST have this sweater.  I haven't done a Ravelry/Google search for a pattern yet.  I'm trying very hard to stay focused on what I need to knit vs. what I want to knit.  And I really, really want to knit this sweater.  If any of you happen to stumble across a similiar pattern, please hook me up with a link.  I mean, it looks easy enough to design my own but I'd much rather have a pattern to blame if it doesn't look as good on me as it did on her.

Apparently, I'm all about putting the blame on others at the moment. 😏

Oh, and while I'm talking about random things...


Anyone else out there with crepey skin?  This Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector is some seriously amazing stuff.  It advertises visible difference in 2 days.  It took 3 days for me to see a difference but I could feel the difference in my skin after just one day.  The stuff is freaking amazing!  And I'm not just saying that because I've recently become an Amazon affiliate.  One application a day for a not quite two weeks and my skin has been totally transformed.  If you've got a crepe skin problem, give this lotion a try.

6 comments:

  1. I'd bet you can find a basic sweater and just make the ribbing longer and add some increases to the bottom -- it looks pretty basic other than that peplum feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking. I even have a pattern already that the top part fits perfectly and would be easy to modify. But it would also be nice to have instructions to follow...

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love, those red mittens. I have the yarn sitting right here to cast on a pair of red mittens and I swear if I ever get this kitchen done they will be the first thing I cast one-after, of course, I finish all the projects just sitting here getting dusty in their baskets. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe casting on red mittens would inspire you to get on with the kitchen remodel. :)
      I really like my red mittens too. They are supposed to be for sale but...

      Delete
  3. The mittens are great and will be needed this winter, but I see why you NEED this sweater. I NEED it too but it definitely won't look like that on my 61 year old chunk monkey body! :-)
    If you find a pattern though... please pass it on?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that sweater fantastic? Of course, I'd need to start that bottom ribbing higher, above my belly... And then people can look at me weirdly because I'm gray haired and looking 10 months pregnant. Hmmm... Maybe I'll have to make it for my daughter instead.

      Delete