Friday, October 8, 2021

Mittens

I started knitting mittens recently. 



I cannot tell you how long it's been since I knit a pair of mittens.  Mittens with fingers, that is.  Once I discovered fingerless gloves, I never looked back.  But, I'm busy knitting for my Winterfest booth and I figured some people may want their fingers covered so...  Mittens with fingers it is.  

I can't believe how much longer it takes to knit that thumb and those fingers.  Fingerless mitts are SO much faster!

On a different note, I wanted to share a book I recently read with you.


I didn't think I would enjoy Constance, but boy was I wrong!  It's a story about cloning which is not my normal read.  It also takes place in the future, which is really not my kind of read.  But I was gifted a copy of Constance and I'm so glad I read it.  It was fast paced, not too sciencey, there was a little bit of mystery and murder and well, you should just read it yourself and see.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What have you read lately that's out of charector for you?

And hey - my mitten and the book cover coordinate!  That was totally unplanned but I love it when things like that happen.

4 comments:

  1. I love red mittens. They remind me of the Christmas chapter when Ma made them in the Little House in the Big Woods.
    I've only been reading Nancy Drew for months now and it is quite out of character for me but I am enjoying the kitsch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like red mittens, Little House and Nancy Drew too. I will never forget once catching my dad, a grumpy old man with the flu, reading Nancy Drew in bed. Apparently he'd felt too bad to go downstairs to get his own book so he'd gone in my room and gotten one of mine. Poor man - we teased him about that for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mittens look great! I just finished the last of 125 pair for the 1st graders at a local low income school. I've dont it and donated in Spokane for five years now and I'll take them to the school soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is a LOT of mittens! It's very kind of you to do that each year. I don't know how you have time to do anything else but knit mittens!

      Delete