Friday, October 29, 2021

Halloweens Past

Since I figured you wouldn't want to see more pictures of the same three things I've been knitting over and over and over again for the past four months, I thought I'd share a few photos of Halloween Past.  I only have a few photos here at my mother-in-law's house that I've stumbled across stuffed in strange places.  Why was one of these in with my maternity pantyhose?  And more importantly, why do I still have maternity pantyhose and even more importantly, why did I feel the need to bring them to this house??

In 1982 I was the Jolly Green Giant and my boyfriend was some kind of monster.  I'm not sure which is scarier - the boyfriend, the weird reflection on the portrait in the background or that wallpaper.


In 1983 a few of us from the office dressed up as the Munsters.  The funny part was that giant, tall me was Little Eddie while tiny, petite Liza was Herman.  Good times!


And in 1985, I was a fire fighter.

As you can see, I have always leaned towards super simple, cheap costumes.

I won't be dressing up this year, but I can't wait to see Hayden in her costume.  I hear she's going to be a ladybug.

What about you?  Will you be dressing up?

6 comments:

  1. It looks like my brother's Halloween party is going to be rained out (it's supposed to be outside to be COVID safe), but my husband and I are planning to dress up as insurance spokespeople if it goes forward -- him as Jake from State Farm, me as Flo from Progressive. My daughter is dressing up as Isabelle from Animal Crossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I hope you aren't rained out for Halloween - sounds like you have great costumes planned. Knock on wood, our weather is supposed to be pretty good on Sunday.

      Delete
  2. I love it! You've inspired me to dig out my old photos and do a similar post since nothing very interesting is happening here for Halloween again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never dress up anymore. I hate the stress of trying to decide what to do and am not imaginative enough to think of how to put a costume together.
    One year Hubby was Slim Whitman and I was Dolly Parton. That hilarious of you know my body shape. Flat as the plains. :0(
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I bet you were a great Dolly anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete