Friday, July 2, 2021

And then my arm fell off

So, remember the needlepoint I just finished and how I was excited about how quickly the project had gone so I was going to start another?  Remember how I'd said my arm was so sore from the repetitive motion of pulling the tread through the mesh?  Apparently, I did not remember that until I started the newest one.  It didn't take long to remind myself.  Ouch.  

So I decided to focus on knitting instead.  

But it's too hot to knit.  And since I'm spending most of my time outside on the deck because there's no TV or internet... and it's been 95 degrees and crazy humid.... It's just too hot to knit.

So what do you do when it's too hot to knit and your arm feels like you've had six flu shots in one day?


You begin a giant, single granny square, stash busting blanket.  Of course you do!

Although I had to resort to Google's help to remind myself how to start a granny square, the project was going well.  It was going well until I remembered that I'd stopped crocheting years and years ago because it irritates my carpal tunel so badly.  A few stitches and I can't even pick up a pencil for a week.

In other words, it was going well until my arm fell off.

5 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing. No knit. No crochet. No needlepoint. I'd go crazy. It's time to find a good book on audio so you don't have to hold up the book. Go outside in the shade and just lay there and listen to the book and heal. That sounds great to me anyway. :-) Take care of yourself and get better.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I can sympathize. All the Tour spinning has done a number on my shoulders and as you said...it's too hot to knit. I don't even want to think about having wool in my lap at the moment. I just want to lay on the couch and watch Netflix all day. And eat potato chips. It's too hot to cook too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear a splint when my wrist hurts from crocheting, I wear it while I crochet to give myself some stability. Needle point seems like the coolest activity, so sorry it is hurting your arm. Try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! You need to take up sewing!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time for floating in the pool to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete