Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Skipping Fall Fever

This is about the time of year fall fever hits me hard.  And I mean, HARD!  Normally it hits the moment the lightshow from the last firework fades from the night sky on July 4th.  I instantly go from being all about bathing suits and flip-flops to wanting to build a fire, wear a sweater, drink hot spiced tea and eat pumpkin muffins.  

And while I have already had a few days of fall fever this summer, for the most part, I'm skipping fall and going straight to Christmas apparently.


I finished the second Christmas wreath needlepoint (here's the first) and have picked out the colors for the third one.  My plan all along has been to do one per year but I finished that second one so quickly and needlepoint is a good, mostly mindless, not too hot in your lap, summer project.  So...


The canvas is all taped up and the yarns are chosen.  Now I just need to remember where I put my needlepoint needles.  Argh!

Somebody, somebody much smarter than I, needs to invent a needle roomba/robot that automatically returns your knitting and sewing needles to their proper storage containers when you finish a project.  Can you imagine how much money that invention would make?  I know I'd pay a fortune for one!

Anyway...

Sorry, but prepare yourself for lots of Christmas needlepoint photos in the future.

Oh, and I'm still using Palette yarns to stitch the needlepoints.  I'm also using my Knit Picks blocking mats and pins to block the needlepoint.  I don't stitch on a frame so the finished canvas is always all wonky.  Pinning it into submission and a spritz or two of water always takes care of that though.  

And by the way, Knit Picks is currently having their summer sale.  Tools are on sale throughout the sale, worsted yarns are on sale this week and their DK's will be on sale next week.

You're welcome.


9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful needlepoint piece. Looks very Williamsburg-ish. I gave in to the KnitPicks sale over the weekend and picked up a bunch of fingering yarn while it was on sale. Can't beat their prices for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought a set of 3 coordinating ones 20+ years ago from an estate sale and I'm just getting around to stitching them. As for KnitPicks, even without a sale, their prices are good but with the sale... impossible to resist!

      Delete
  2. How lovely! I agree with that needle Roomba thing. I can't ever find anything I am looking for and spend most of my craft time searching for what I need. Yesterday it was a circular needle. I have a million but I NEVER have the one I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're preaching to the choir! :) I'm in the exact same boat.

      Delete
  3. I think that planning ahead for Christmas now is a smart thing to do -- think of how relaxed you'll be come late fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're funny! :) If only I was making gifts instead of things for myself. Aack!

      Delete
  4. I would buy the Roomba tool cleaner too. I need to get started on Christmas things too. The only things I seem to be making is baby blankets and mittens. I don't even know anyone who is having a baby!
    After this blanket I have to seriously think CHRISTMAS!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I could get interested in working on Christmas gifts instead of needlepoint pillow covers for myself that most likely will never be turned into actual pillows. But I'm having fun so....

      Delete
  5. Now why'd you go and tempt me to look at knit picks! I think I have to order all the hat poofs in every color!!

    ReplyDelete