Friday, July 9, 2021

Elsa

 


Tropical Storm Elsa is upon us.  Thankfully I was able to spend a few minutes outside on the deck crocheting my giant granny square afghan before the rain started.  I am absolutely loving this YarnBee cotton yarn.

I was so glad, and sad, to hear how many of you have also suffered roof and a/c condensation leaks.  One good thing about our problems - they are keeping me active.  I LOVE wild weather and normally during a big storm, I sit in front of a window and watch the weather while I knit for 12+ hours straight.  Not this time!  Having to bail the drip buckets is forcing me to take crochet/craft breaks which is good for my arm as well as my entire body.

For those of you in Elsa's path, I pray you did/will make it through safely.

5 comments:

  1. That blanket is beautiful! I hope you survived the storm without too much damage to your home...and your body!
    BLessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blanket! I am sure bailing takes the fun out of storm watching. Elsa was a bust here thank goodness. A lot of fuss for nothing but I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't have to do too much bailing and can focus on that beautiful blanket and watching the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess be thankful for small favors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a good time for Elsa to have headed your way. Hope she didn't make too much of a mess.

    ReplyDelete