Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Woo woo

 Things are getting a little woo woo around here!

A while back I stumbled across an online business coach/motivator type person on Youtube and I've been following her ever since.  In one of her earlier posts, she mentioned the book, The Success Principles.  I ordered it, fell in love with it, and have been working towards mastering all the suggestions in the book.  Well, okay, I've been working on, like, four of them.  There are a lot of principles to master!  

Anyway...  One of the things discussed in the book is manifestation.  I had heard of manifesting before and it always seemed like a lot of hocus pocus nonsense until I read The Success Principles and then stumbled across a Youtube video explaining the science behind it.  There really is science to back it up. 

And within a week of beginning my own manifestations, things started happening.  It was a little freaky, very exciting and a bit woo woo.  But things, granted, very small things, but things none the less, that I was asking/wishing for/manifesting started happening and continued to happen.  And I got pretty dang excited about the whole process.

When I get excited about something, I tend to run my mouth about it.  A lot.  

I talked about manifesting so much, a friend and fellow manifestor gifted me a set of tarot cards.

Tarot cards!  What the heck am I supposed to do with tarot cards??  But they were really pretty, the art work on the deck is very 'me' and I love looking at them so of course I turned to Youtube for a "What the heck do I do with tarot cards?" instruction video.

Now granted, I still have no idea what I'm doing with them.  But for the last few days, I've been randomly selecting three cards each day and, well, it has been super woo woo because each card I've pulled from the deck has had something extremely relevant to my current circumstance and/or mood that day.  Did I mention it's felt VERY woo woo?  It's been exciting, but pretty dang woo woo.


So what does all that have to do with today's post?  

One of the cards I pulled today was the Ace of Wands which represents inspiration and creativity and means that it's time I start a new creative project.  Well, Soctober is fast approaching and I'll be casting on a new pair of socks soon.  Woo woo!

But then I went to storage today to look for my winter clothes. Our storage units (yes, there's an 's' on there) are like black holes.  We put stuff in, then never see it again. Naturally, I found my coats but not my clothes.  But guess what I did find - a giant box of  beads and all the supplies I need for a project I had wanted to start a few weeks ago but couldn't find any of the necessary materials in the stores.  WOO WOO!

I'm super excited and hope I'll have something more than a bunch of beads to show you next time.

So, out of curiosity, do any of you manifest or use tarot cards to help guide your focus for the day?

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


5 comments:

  1. I used to have a pack of tarot cards when I was in high school. I used to read them for people. I had this idea I was going to grow up to be a witch but I sure didn't. Three kids in my 20s cured any ideas of the occult and pretty much everything else I aspired to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been pretty dubious about this woo woo-type stuff. I think you can interpret pretty much anything in a way that aligns with a card or a mental image or what have you. But if it works for you, if it inspires you to make changes or get stuff done, then that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Manifestation in that regards, never used a Tarot card. But I say go with what works for you! It sounds a bit like putting focus words in a jar and pulling them out to determine how to set your day, which is a very good practice to start. Hmm, I might have to come up with a set of thoughts on that. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some oracle cards that I enjoy using. And I've been study moon cycles and astrology, too. It's all fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know much about what you are talking about but I do love how excited you are about it! Feeling excited about something is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete