Thursday, September 3, 2020

Three on Thursday - Next Up

 I only have about four to six hours of knitting time left on my Timeless Pullover, depending on interruptions and what I'm watching on TV while I knit.  I'm so happy with the way it fits.  It may be a little weird looking on my waistline but I think it will be fine.  I've only tried it on over top of long t-shirts or full-skirted dresses with bulky pockets and it looks a little weird with those but I think it's going to be perfect with a normal pair of pants or slim skirt.  The sleeves are absolutely perfect!  Not loose and baggy, yet not too tight either.  Just perfect!

Anyway, since I'm so close to finishing that sweater, I'm thinking about my next one.  I thought I knew what I wanted to knit but...   I have yarn in the stash for several sweaters and here are a few I'm considering.

This one is Arboreal by Jennifer Steingass.  The pattern calls for DK yarn which I don't have, but it also says the gauge is 20 stitches over 4 inches which is what I usually get with the worsted weight I do have.  My yarn should work.


But this one has pockets and would be super simple to knit.  This is Tea with Jam and Bread from Heidi Kirrmaier.  This sweater just looks so comfortable and cozy.  And did I mention it has pockets??  And, The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies so this one may get the nod just because of its name.


But then I've also been wanting to knit some cables.  Not too many cables, just a few.  Christmas is coming sooner than I think and I'm 99.99% sure I don't have time to be casting on a fully cabled sweater for myself right now.  This one seems perfect.  This is Mork by Julia Farwell-Clay.  Besides not having any ribbing, (have I ever mentioned that I don't enjoy knitting the ribbing?) only a few cables, and those up and down lines that should be slimming, the designer's name is Julia.  We have a new home health nurse named Julia and she's fantastic FANTASTIC!  I feel like it might be fate that I stumbled across this pattern.

So which should I choose?  The fair isle sweater since I just bought yarn to knit a fair isle with?  Or the Sound of Music themed sweater with pockets?  Or do I honor our new home health nurse and knit Mork?  Decisions, decisions.  

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike making decisions?  I dislike decisions even more than I dislike knitting ribbing.  How about helping a girl out and telling me which design you'd choose.

While you are choosing sweater patterns for me, I hope you'll also join me for today's Three on Thursday linkup.

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


10 comments:

  1. I would have a hard time choosing. They are all great. Arboreal has been on my radar for a long time but those pockets. I do love a sweater with pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to the colorwork, myself, and I think worsted weight would work just fine for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great! I like Arboreal and Tea With Jam and Bread the best. Knit them ALL!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like all of them but Tea with Jam and Bread is my favorite. Pockets and it looks super comfy which is always my decision making factor.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I love Tea with Jam and Bread! But they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those! and maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I sense a slight preference for Tea with Jam and Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all great but since Julia is a friend of mine I'll say go with Mork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tea with Jam and Bread!!!! i have to look into that one

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Tea with Jam and bread, it gets mu vote. It has been in my library for a while so I would love you to knit it!

    ReplyDelete