Friday, September 4, 2020

Off the mats

 


The most recently finished Reyna is finally off the blocking mats.  For the life of me, I can't get my camera to provide me with a true representation of its color.  The yarn is from Organized Chaos and is called Lagoon.  In real life, it looks like gorgeous green/blue Caribbean water that's full of glowing phosphorescence.  Or magic.  Or something.  The yarn isn't metallic but it glows.  But not in a neon way.  It glows in a "hug me and never let me go" way.  I don't even know how to begin to describe it, but it is Glorious!

And for those of you who are purists and have knit a Reyna before and know what it's supposed to look like, you may notice it looks slightly wrong.  Yes, it does.  I screwed up on the second mesh section and kept on knitting mesh instead of switching back to the garter ridges when I was supposed to.  Rather than rip it, I went with the mistake and then knit more garter ridges than I should have on the next section.  I really like the affect when it's laid out flat, but I notice when worn, the extra mesh is making it puddle weirdly on the chest.  Or maybe that's just my lack of wrapping it around the neck skills.  Either way, I'm very pleased with it.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finish! Looks great and I love the color of the yarn in the picture you took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning! I haven't knit the pattern, so I can't see any mistake -- I think it looks just fine! And as it's your project, even if you'd decided to make those changes on your own, you'd be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous finish and the color is beautiful on my computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!!! I can imagine how beautiful that color actually is. You described it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful no matter what the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it! Very pretty. I have knit a few Reyna's and the pattern is very forgiving. No one will ever know unless you tell them. Shhhhh!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your design change looks fantastic, it make it unique. Beautiful color by the way.

    ReplyDelete