Thursday, May 28, 2020

Three random things

My apologies, I've missed a few blog posts recently.  I think the isolation is beginning to get to me.  Well, not "beginning to" but has.  It has gotten to me.  I'm sure it's a form of depression but I can not make myself do anything other than knit, read and eat chocolate covered almonds.  At least those almonds are covered in dark chocolate.  Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you.

Anyway...

Three random things for today's Three on Thursday:


1.  I lied.  Between mouthfuls of chocolate covered almonds, I managed to eat some Memorial Day dessert.  Thankfully it didn't take much persuasion to talk Sarah into making the Strawberry Blueberry Trifle.  We did have trouble finding something to put it in.  I'm going to have to add trifle dish to my shopping list because she ended up using a giant, clear mixing bowl.  No matter how it was served, it was delicious and she will be making it again.


2.  I've finally reached the lace section on my Scottish Highlands shawl.  There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this project.  The pattern is written so that you have the option of A) two different sizes, B) knitting the shawl in one solid color or using two colors, C) with or without eyelet rows, and D) the lace has both charts and written instructions.  Obviously I'm doing the two color version with eyelets.  It has been great.  Just when I get sick of garter stitching, there's a change of color and an eyelet row.  Then when I got sick of garter in general, I hit the lace section.  I Love, love, love this pattern and unless something goes Horribly wrong with the rest of the lace instructions, I plan to knit quite a few more of these.

And then there's the yarn.  Oh. My. Goodness!!!  I am obsessed with this yarn from Cozy Color Works.  It is SO soft and squishy and I could easily spend $10,000 Sandy's shop.  I want All the colors.  Heck, I want all the skeins of all the colors.

Hayden, 10 weeks old

3.  And just because she's adorable, a Memorial Day picture of Hayden.  Love the shoes!

10 comments:

  1. That trifle looks delicious! I'd eat it out of any container! I don't have a trifle dish, either, but it seems to me that the prettier it looks, the less likely you are to want to eat it because you won't want to mess it up.

    Hayden is rocking those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's gotten to me too. I don't play well with others and being locked in here with a bored Mister looking over my shoulder all day is making me stabby and sad.
    I'm with you on the bow but I don't think you could do any damage to that sweetie pie. She would look cute with anything on her head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Haydens is the tiniest bundle of adorable ever!! I'm SO with you in the bow camp--and those baby Cons really DO outdo the bow--but even WITH the bow, and maybe because of the bow and the shoes and her expression....I have a feeling this baby could make ANYTHING work. So glad you're getting to be with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is gorgeous and the trifle looks so yummy. BUT...Hayden steals the post (and I agree with you on the bow and the shoes). She is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bow or no bow...simply adorable!

    And those ๐Ÿ‘ž are rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about Hayden. She is adorable and I love the clothes they have for girls AND boys these days.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bow is bigger than her head! But it doesn't matter because she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here feet look huge!!! LOL. Love the dessert, mmmm. I made Choco Chip Bundt Pound Cake, can you say dense!!! Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love when you share Hayden with us, what a cutie!! beautiful shawl in progress :)

    ReplyDelete