Thursday, May 7, 2020

Three on Thursday - Triple Nothing

I got nothing for this week's Three on Thursday.  Absolutely nothing.  The home-life has been a little crazy this week and not much else has been going on.  Nothing fun and exciting to tell you about.  Nothing maddening or frustrating.  I haven't had three yummy desserts or loaves of bread, I haven't read three books and I haven't been considering three new knitting patterns.  Life pretty much just sort of flat lined this past week.   So...  

You get the world's most boring Three on Thursday post.  

1.  The idea I had to knit Kaffe Fassett's Coins cowl out of only two colors....  What was I thinking??  First, I didn't want a cowl, I wanted a scarf.  Second, only two colors??  The whole point of knitting a Coins scarf is to make it bright and multicolored.  And there was a third thing but I don't even remember what it was now.  I scrapped the whole idea.  Really, what I wanted was to use the yellow Madelinetosh.  So I am, but in a different project.

Hand knit patchwork blanket using mitered squares and rectangles.
Rambling Rows Afghan

2.  Instead of the Coins cowl/scarf, I decided to knit a Rambling Rows afghan.  I'm not overly impressed with the examples on Ravelry but I have knit several of these in the past and have always liked the design.  This time around, I'm using scrap fingering weight (the pattern calls for worsted) and it will just hang over the edges of a twin sized bed.  In other words, it will be the perfect couch blanket.

The pattern is from Cottage Creations and is lots of fun to knit.  It's made up of two sizes of mitered squares and a rectangle.  The pattern gives directions for three different sizes.  I'm making the largest.  Of course I am.  I'm using fingering weight and a US2 needle.  Why wouldn't I choose the largest size?

My plan is to use all my machine washable scrap yarn once then as I knit other things, immediately knit a block with the leftover yarn.  The idea is that no two blocks will be the same.  We'll see how long that plan lasts.  I may get impatient and start using some of my full sized stashed skeins.  There are a few that have been calling to me.  We'll have to see how it goes.


3.  Zack finally sent me a photo of Hayden wearing the Clara dress.


She looks absolutely horrified.



12 comments:

  1. Aw, she looks so precious! I'm pretty sure that look on her face is just because she's small and not a comment on the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden looks beautiful in the dress that her grandma made for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Clara on Hayden and her looks are hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those baby looks. Makes me want to write thought bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that with Hayden's picture in that adorable dress, the post cannot in any way be considered boring!! What a babydoll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! She isn't horrified at the dress, it's the fact that she was just told she can't see Grandma as much as she wants! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya...it's hard to get anything going at the moment. The highlight of my day is vacuuming.
    Baby Grand is just too cute for words!!! She looks adorable in that dress. It's a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Hayden is darling in that beautiful dress. I love the expressions babies make.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. She might just need to grow into that dress a bit! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is adorable. Live te scrapblanket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable pictures of Hayden wearing the dress. What a cutie. Any post that includes baby pictures cannot be the most boring Three on Thursday post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word! That FACE in the last photo. I'm thinking it is NOT about the dress though. The dress is lovely.

    The blanket is too. That is a very interesting construction. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete