Friday, May 8, 2020

Off the needles

Do you see him?


Actually, I guess he's a her.  She's the first deer I've seen on our property since the social distancing started.  I guess even the deer are getting tired of staying home.

Knit with Stroll Tweed from Knit Picks  https://shrsl.com/26owv

I finished my Hitchhiker finally.  I've knit a thousand of these over the years and I think this is the first one I've actually knit all 43 teeth.  I always either run out of yarn, get bored, or simply get too excited to start the next project.  This time around, the yarn was so glorious to work with, I didn't mind knitting all 43 teeth.  I even considered giving it extra teeth but....  It's long enough as is and now I have left over yarn to add to my Rambling Rows afghan.

The Rambling Rows may prove to be my downfall.  It was supposed to be my 'while I read' project and I had several other projects planned for this month but I just can't put it down.  I just can't!  The call of a new square and a new yarn is just too strong and I can't help myself.  I think I might need a meeting.

12 comments:

  1. Your Hitchhiker is beautiful! That is such a pretty color and I bet that pink is very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the wildlife is getting bolder now that we're not outside as much. We got pretty close to a deer when we went for a walk in the woods last weekend, and even the squirrels in our yard are letting me get closer than usual!

    Your Hitchhiker looks great! I still need to start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Hitchhiker! I plan to start one this weekend. "might need a meeting." - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful hitchhiker! and I do see him/her, what a sweetie. The deer haven't been social distancing over here, they are always out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Hitchhiker is really beautiful! I love the color/texture of that yarn -- it's perfection. (Our deer? NOT social distancing at all. . . ) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm that way with the Coziest Memory Blanket. Starting a new square is much more interesting than knitting on the same ol' sock. LOL

    Your Hitchhiker is gorgeous. That is a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way the colors move on your Hitchhiker is very pretty. I'm the same way on my nine patch blanket. I haven't worked on it for awhile because I know once I bring it out I won't want to do anything else.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that scarf - really pretty color and looks so cozy! I love the look of your blanket, too, a patchwork memory of all your knitting projects! That will be snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, go with the flow, knit what you want! I love the color and the shawl is so cushy!!! I have yet to knit one, I think I have Brickless, but not Hitchhiker?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to have a visitor! I've actually seen more animals out because the humans have quieted down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your HH finish! it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a lot of deer here and I see them everyday. Sometimes walking right in my little backyard. I wish we had less traffic so they had more room to roam. Love your Hitchhiker.

    ReplyDelete