Monday, June 5, 2017

Glow Stick

I look like a giant glow stick.  A bright red glow stick.

Boat drinks in my Yeti knockoff cup on the beach.
#summerfun

I spent the day on the beach, drinking ice cold boat drinks and I got a little sun in the process.  If I was to go outside and look up at the night sky, the folks on the International Space Station could see the glow coming off my face. 

I was pretty happy about my Yeti knockoff's performance.  It far surpassed my sunblock's performance!  I filled the cup with ice almost 12 hours ago, sat out in the blazing sun with it for most of the day, and tonight, 12 hours later, it still has ice.  Granted, the cubes are much smaller now, but they are still frozen!  I'm so glad my son gave me this insulated tumbler for Christmas. I use it all the time to take hot coffee to work but this was the first time I've used it to keep a drink cold in the sun.  Thanks, Zack!

a beautiful day at the lake's beach.
Lake Caroline

And because work has taken over my life and I spent my one day off on the beach instead of knitting....  I have no knitted things to show you.  Maybe next week....



No comments:

Post a Comment