Monday, December 5, 2016

Gone Shopping

Well, it looks like I have some Christmas shopping in my future.  Remember the pink striped cowl with the world's splittiest yarn that I frogged a big chunk of and reknit last week....?  Yeah, that one.  I have to frog it again.  I really, really don't want to.  I want to take it outside and shoot it full of holes with my husband's shotgun.  At this point, I'm not sure if I have the heart to frog it and start the knitting process over or if I'll just throw it in the trash.  What ever I decide to do, I think it's safe to say it will not be reknit as a Christmas gift.  Not this year anyway.  Probably not next year either.  I sort of never want to see that yarn ever again.  Ugh! I'm just disgusted with the whole project.

hand knit hat; warm winter hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Two-toned gray watch cap

To take my mind off thinking up horrible punishments for misbehaving yarn, I started another hat.  It's just a simple watch cap styled hat knit in two shades of gray.  Both yarns are Patons Classic Wool. The dark charcoal is Mercury and the gray & white tweedy one is Light Gray Marl.

I've previously knit several different things with the Light Gray Marl.  I'm fascinated by it.  I love tweedy, two-toned yarns when they are on the store shelves.  Just LOVE them!  But every time I've ever knit with two-toned tweedy type yarn, I've been unhappy with the results.  Except for this Light Gray Marl.  The knitted fabric always ends up looking like a well worn gray sweatshirt.  Apparently, I have a thing for well worn gray sweatshirts.  I also have a thing for the contrast between the dark charcoal and the pale gray tweed.  It's a nice break from knitting shockingly bright pink stripes.

Got any suggestions for what to buy someone for Christmas when you refuse to knit them a cowl?


No comments:

Post a Comment