Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Stripes Gallore

Good grief!  I really am into stripes these days.

knitting stripes.  Striped scarf, striped cowl, striped shawl.  Hand knit items for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Stripes and more stripes

Autumn Fire is still on the needles, as is the black & clown barf striped cowl.  They have each only grown in length by a a few rows over the past week.  I've been knitting on the diagonal striped scarf instead.

I got pretty excited when I started the diagonal stripe scarf.  I desperately need to purge a few things from the stash pile in order to make room for newer, incoming yarns and last week, when I pulled out a bunch of partial skeins, it looked like I was making some pretty decent purging progress.  But, alas, the diagonal striped scarf is not eating up anywhere near as much yarn as I expected it to.  In order to make a noticeable dent in the pile, I may end up having to knit coordinating mittens.  Lots and lots of mittens.

Okay, since it's Wednesday and I'm linking up to  Ginny's Yarn Along post, let's talk books.  The e-book I mentioned last week but couldn't remember the name of....  was Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn.   I finished it over the weekend.  I enjoyed the story but the ending came on too quick.  It read as though the author had suddenly gotten really tired of writing the book & sloppily threw together an ending just so she'd be done.  As for this week, I'm still reading Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy.  I've mostly been reading this one while at work and work has been busy so it's taking me a while to get through it.  Honestly, I'm a little surprised I haven't done the 'stay up 24+ hours straight to finish reading' thing with this book.  It's a magical world collides with non-magical world story which reminds me a bit of Harry Potter and the characters have snappy, sarcastic comebacks which reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Both of those are favorites of mine so I should be zooming through Skulduggery.  I think I've just been too tired to read.

2 comments:

  1. The stripes are beautiful, I think mittens is a great additional choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are into stripes and they are glorious!! Makes me want to cast on something stripey. But first I need to finish my current projects :)

    ReplyDelete