Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Stripes

Stripes have taken over my knitting.

knitted cowl, knitted neck scarf, neck warmer, knit snood, for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Striped Cowl

I'd started this cowl last month but frogged it back to the ribbing and started over.  Originally, I thought it would be fun to add a blue bead to each splash of blue yarn.  You know how you picture some fantastic thing in your head but the reality of it turns out to be so awful you frog it and find yourself trying to pick up live ribbing stitches knit with slightly fuzzy black yarn?  At night?  Yeah, that was fun. But it's back on track now.  Christmas gift #2 is in the works.  I am SO rocking my Christmas knitting list this year!

As for my reading, I'm rocking that too.  Except I have no idea what the book is called that I'm reading.  It's on my Kindle (which is really a cheap tablet that I use as a Kindle,) and my daughter has taken it to school with her (because her 5 month old non-Mac computer has died. Don't even get me started on how much I dislike non-Mac computers) and I've just realized that although I'm really enjoying the book, I have no idea what it's called.  It's about a young teen girl who gets kidnapped by a biker gang, she gets the Stockholm Syndrome thing going on and ends up marrying the gang's leader.  It sounds horrible but I'm actually enjoying it.

Even though I don't know my book's title, I'm joining Ginny's Yarn Along.

4 comments:

  1. I love the stripes. Your book sounds interesting. I hope you find out what it is soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have problems remembering what books I'm reading on my kindle too. Unlike print books, the cover is not staring back at you every time you reach for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those stripes!! I prefer a real book and have lots on my kindle that I need to read....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued. Let us know what the book is!
    I love those stripes on the cowl.

    ReplyDelete