Friday, September 30, 2016

September in Review

I like reviewing my finished projects at the end of each month.  It usually shows me that I accomplished more than I'd realized (always a good thing!) and it's a gentle reminder of all the projects I never got around to photographing.  Even though I am THE worst photographer, I like having photographic evidence of what I've knit.  Plus, having the photos cluttering up my desktop is another reminder to load them on to Ravelry.

So let's get on with it.

Antarktis shawl http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jeanniegrayknits
Antarktis

I finished knitting Antarktis and got her blocked. For some reason, my points curled but I'm okay with that.  I actually like it when the points of a shawl curl.  The curl seems to help the shawl hug me and keeps it from falling off my shoulders.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jeanniegrayknits
Antarktis

I just love her muted colors and think I'll get lots of wear out of this shawl/scarf.  Assuming I can figure out how to wear an asymmetrical triangle scarf without looking like a cowboy-wannabe.  I always end up looking like a bank robber from the Old West.  Fashion is definitely not my thing.

And while we're talking about cowboys & bank robbers...

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jeanniegrayknits
Modified Reyna

I finally got around to blocking my modified Reyna.  If you take a look, don't pay attention to my Ravelry notes.  They need major editing.  I'd intended to turn Reyna into a semicircle instead of a triangle but Netflix must have gotten in the way and I ended up with a 'heart' shaped triangle instead of a semicircle.  A huge, giant heart shaped triangle.  No wonder this one took so much more yarn than expected!  I still like it and think I'll wear it often, once again assuming it doesn't turn me into Bank Robber Cowboy Bob.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jeanniegrayknits
Lacy Brown Infinity Scarf

I finished knitting the brown cowl.  (I really need a better name for it.)  This one turned out to be another reminder that I should always check my gauge before casting on.  It's way too long.  WAY too long.  Instead of doubling it, I quadruple it around my neck.  And it hasn't even been blocked yet. I still really like it though.  The yarn is so soft and fluffy and the open stitch pattern makes it light as a feather.

super scarf for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Autumn Fire

Autumn Fire is coming along and I reached the six inches in width goal I'd set for myself.  Hopefully it will grow another six inches in October.

knitting gifts for Christmas
Christmas knitting

I started on my Christmas knitting.  I've already frogged the green thing once and I may end up frogging the striped thing.  I can't decide if I like the beads or if they were a horrible idea.

hand knit hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Basket Weave Hat

And I started another hat for my shop.  This one has a basket weave brim and will have a simple stockinette crown.  There's no pattern for this one, I'm just making it up as I go.

All in all, not bad, especially when you consider how many of these projects got frogged and restarted. And when you take into consideration the nervous breakdown I was having at the beginning of the month over the new job....  Not bad at all!  And, I think I've finally settled into the new job.  It's not so awful now.  Talking over the radio still terrifies me but the rest of my duties aren't so scary anymore.  I think I'll survive.

Dammit!  Now Gloria Gaynor is stuck in my head.

1 comment:

  1. you've had quite the productive knitting month if you ask me!! Lovely knits and I hope October is just as productive and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete