Thursday, September 29, 2016

It's Here

It's here!  Fall, it's definitely here.

The killer Virginia humidity has left and in it's wake, we have rain.

The State Fair is in town so we have more rain.  And the occasional hail storm.

We are experiencing those awkward temperatures where it's too chilly for shorts but you sweat to death if you wear jeans.

I have a MASSIVE case of startittis.

Purple  wool hat knit for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Basket Weave Hat

I want to knit ALL the things.  Actually, that's not accurate.  I want to start all the things.  I don't really want to knit them, I just want to start them, toss them aside and have them magically finished the next time I look at them.

It's not even October yet and I've already eaten so much candy corn I sort of never want to see another piece of it.  And yet, I'll pick up two more bags of it the next time I'm at the store.

And then there's nature's fall decorations.


Our annual visit from Mr. Spider.  He usually spins his web across our front porch steps in an attempt to give the UPS man a heart attack.  This year, probably due to the hail, he set up shop across our front door.  Looking at him through the beveled glass on our door does not help the ick factor.


And what is that spiky barb thing on his front leg?  Do all spiders have spiky barb things on their legs?  Eek!  I'm not going outside until there's a foot of snow on the ground.

Remind me again, why fall is my favorite time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment