Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What's on the knitting needles?

What's on my knitting needles on this rainy day?

On the knitting needles  for https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
OTN 4/27/16

I've passed the 70% complete mark on my Pebble Beach shawl.  I've also had to start a third skein of yarn which wasn't supposed to happen.  Luckily I had several extras on hand.

My Seaweed scarf has been mostly abandoned in an effort to make some progress on the Pebble Beach.  For the most part, Seaweed has been labeled 'car knitting.'

And the newest 'knit while I read' project is another multicolored stockinette cowl.  The yarn is Wisdom Yarns, Marathon Socks North Pole in the Fruitcake colorway.  It's been in my stash pile for a while.  The yarn's yellow, orange, red and green stripes scream autumn plus it has a bit of metallic shimmer that catches the light just so and reminds me of brilliantly colored maple trees.

bumble bees or carpenter bees

So here I am at the end of April, enjoying porch knitting with the bumble bees, thinking about how desperately we need to repaint the porch, and jonesing for fall.

1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously thinking of starting a pebble beach in laceweight....still in the thinking thoughts!

    ReplyDelete