Friday, April 15, 2016

State of the Union

The knitting has been slow going lately.

knitting projects, cowl, scarf, shawl for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
On the needles 4/15/16

That pesky April 15th tax deadline came between me and my yarn.  I'm proud to announce that my taxes were done and mailed an entire 24+ hours before midnight on the 15th.  That's a record for us.

Unfortunately, next week's State of the Union will probably look almost exactly the same as this weeks.  As soon as my daughter gets home from school, we're heading back out to the Southern Women's Show.  I'm oddly excited.  I've never been before.  I've always intended to go but end up remembering that it's happening about 23 minutes before it ends.  Not this year.  This year, I marked my calendar.  (Thank you Passion Planner for reminding me to schedule fun time as well as work.)  As soon as we get home from the show, I'll rewash my work uniform (because yes, it's still sitting in the washer, gathering mold) and go to bed so I can be fresh as a daisy for a weekend of working at the theme park.

So, maybe I'll see you at the Southern Women's show.  If you can't make it, well, bless your heart.

1 comment:

  1. I had my taxes done in February but I paid someone to do them :) Yay! have fun going out with your daughter and the show, looks like a fun outing!

    ReplyDelete