Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring Break

I survived working spring break at the theme park.  It was a crazy ride.  Eleven straight days that felt like eleven hundred after spending the winter sitting on my butt watching Netflix & knitting.  It was exhausting but fun.  I really do love my job!

forgot to water my plant.

I can't say that my plants love my job.  Oops.  I don't think that one is going to come back from it's dehydrated state.

Multi colored cowl for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Make Believe Cowl #2
Besides not watering my plants, I also didn't get much knitting done last week.  I started a cowl that will be a mixture of left over Knit Picks Stroll and Palette.  The Stroll is hand painted Make Believe and I haven't decided what color Palette to use.  I knit the same style of cowl for my daughter a year or two ago & used a magenta/purple & she loves it.  She says it's her favorite scarf.  And that's saying something because the girl collects scarves like I collect yarn.  I'm thinking of using a green this time though.  Or maybe a dark charcoal.  Or a teal.  Or... maybe I don't have any idea what I'm going to use.  I'll figure it out when it's time to change colors.

Meanwhile, please pardon the horrible, badly lit photo.  I got a new phone yesterday and can't figure out how to turn the flash off.  Honestly, I have no idea how to use 99% of the features on the phone.  After spending several hours last night inputting my contacts & texting them to say I have a new number, I am proud to say that I now have some mad contact inputting skills.  I have also learned my new phone number in record time.  I also have no less than six Etsy icons on my home screen.  I don't even know how I managed that but at least I shouldn't have trouble accessing my shop from my phone!

Another thing I got yesterday....

easter egg dye to use for dying  yarn

The grocery store still had some on clearance egg dye left.  I'm almost as excited about finding clearance egg dye as I am about getting a new phone.  Now I just need to find the time to use the egg dye to dye some yarn.  And I should probably spend a few minutes reading the phone's manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment