Monday, April 11, 2016

The good, the bad & the ugly

The good....

Multi colored, striped and textured cowl for sale at www.jeanniegrayknits.etsy.com
OTN 4/11/16

The newest cowl is coming along nicely.  I'm almost finished knitting the third lace repeat.  I can't decide if I want to continue it or not.  Four repeats would make it about the right height but They always say an odd number of repeats is more visually pleasing. Decisions, decisions.

The bad.... I spent the morning doing our taxes.  Yuck-O!

And the ugly....


soft, split, fingernails that break constantly

My poor fingernails!  Good grief, I have The worst fingernails.  My pinky finger is the only one that ever halfway grows.  Ever!  Even when pregnant and full of pregnancy vitamins, my nails didn't grow.  I can look at them and they split and break.  They always have.  I'll be riding along in the car, hands gently holding the steering wheel, and Poof!  I suddenly have a broken, jagged nail.  I don't bother getting manicures because the few that I have gotten over the years didn't last more than an hour or two, tops.  It's pitiful!  And work doesn't help.  I'm constantly sticking my hands down into bags full of loose coin.  I may as well be sticking my finger tips into the office paper shredder.

But as bad as my nails are, there may be a solution.

Biotin, a hair & nail growth supplement from Amazon.com
Biotin from www.amazon.com

Biotin.  It promotes hair & nail growth and "cellular energy," what ever that means.  A co-worker recommended it.  She's been taking it to help her hair grow and says it's really helping both her hair & nails.  The bottle (& my co-worker) says it supposedly takes about 4 weeks to see a difference but I've been taking it for about ten days and I swear, my nails are already behaving better.  It may just be wishful thinking, but I have high hopes.

Well, I'm off to celebrate another tax season put to rest.  And by "celebrate" I mean, knit.  I'm not even going to cook dinner.  I'm just going to knit.  Besides, after paying our taxes, we probably can't afford dinner anyway.  Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. I think your nails look nice. Pretty cowl!! I pay someone to do our taxes so I'm happy that I have that person in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We used to pay someone but nothing has changed in a long time so for the last several years, it's just been a matter of filling in the blanks. The money I save on a tax preparer can be spent on yarn! :)

      Delete
  2. I have actually been thinking about taking biotin recently, and if you are already seeing results, that means I should definitely give it a try. Thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do think the Biotin is helping. If you try it, just be sure to heed the warning about taking it with food. I normally have a cast iron gut & nothing bothers me but taking the Biotin on an empty stomach proved to be a huge mistake.

      Delete