Sunday, July 28, 2024

Pumpkins

We finally got rain!


And the pumpkin patch began to grow.

I recently found out I'd been accepted as a vendor at the county fair and I've been frantically knitting for it.  I applied so long ago and didn't hear back so I thought I didn't get in but, Surprise!  So, yeah.  Frantic knitting has been happening.  The pumpkin patch is growing, and yes, I know they still need stems.  

I've made about 1,000 things and they all still need something done to them. Ends woven in, seams sewn, eyes attached, stems attached, tags attached..... There's going to be a lot of attaching happening over the next two weeks.

I hope and pray I do well at the fair.  July has been an expensive month!  There has been, obviously, some yarn shopping.  Then our dryer bit the dust and had to be replaced.  My laptop also bit the dust and had to be replaced. I bought the new laptop, a vacuum and a 10 x 10 tent for craft sales during Amazon's prime days. I saved between $75 and $150 on each item so it made sense to get them but still....  I bought a Jeannie Gray Knits banner for the tent. Something went wrong with the mower's clutch and every time you'd engage the mower blades and start to go, the mower would cut off.  The a/c compressor in the car went out on a 98 degree day and we discovered that same day that the window control was also broken and the windows wouldn't go down.  That was one HOT ride home!  Sarah's prescription sunglasses broke. And hopefully last on the list of July expenses, my husband found out he needs a double hip replacement sooner rather than later.  Oh, and there may have been some additional, 'I'm having a nervous breakdown' yarn shopping. Yikes!  I'm going to need to sell a LOT of pumpkins!  At least I know I have enough yarn to make them.

And now, since the tent and banner both arrived a week early (when does that ever happen???) I just may take a day off from knitting and go see just how easy it is to assemble the tent by myself.  The write-up promised ease, but I have my doubts.   Honestly, I'm not even sure I can get it out of the shipping box by myself.  That thing is heavy!

Happy knitting!

6 comments:

  1. Yikes, when it rains, it really pours, metaphorically speaking, doesn't it? I hope the craft fair goes really well for you. I recommend twigs for pumpkin stems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan to use cinnamon sticks for the stems. Oddly, we don't have any twigs. Our trees are all either crazy tall and healthy so they don't drop branches, or they are huge and dead and only drop rotten, giant, skull crushing branches. No twigs.

      Delete
  2. Whoa....you have been busy! Your pumpkin patch is precious. I can see them generating a lot of interest. I hope you've got some smooth sailing ahead. Your sea has been kinda rough this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Admittedly, much of the expensive rough seas have been my own doing. Yikes!

      Delete
  3. may you sell all of your items and make a boatload of money!!

    ReplyDelete