Friday, January 7, 2022

Yikes! An unexpected post

 Okay, just a word of warning.  I completely screwed up and this blog may disappear on January 14th.

You see, I'm a tech moron.  Complete and utter moron!

My old domain register was bought out by a European company last year and it's time for my anual renewal.  Except they won't accept my payment because I'm in a foreign country and our banking and physical address formats are different and well, frankly I think the new company is a bit, well, horrible.

Long story short, I purchased my domain through another company.  Except I purchased "jeanniegrayknits.com" instead of "jgknits.com".  And when I went back to purchase the correct domain name/address, it says it's already being used.  And the old company won't allow me to transfer the name to a different domain registration company.  Did I mention how awful I think they are??

Anyway, I'm not sure what is going to happen here.  I need my kids to help me out with the tech issues and they aren't home.  It may be several days before I can get them to help me.  

So, to make this a tiny bit longer, if you can't find me at jgknits.com, go look for jeanniegrayknits.com

Of course, if this domain disappears, I don't know how you'll be able to know to look for jeanniegrayknits.com..... but that's a worry for another day.

Meanwhile, while I wait for my kids to be available to help, I'm going to go feel sorry for myself and knit.

3 comments:

  1. I hope it all works out okay for you. Computer stuff can be so frustrating.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I am sorry about the techt troubles.. To make sure I'll be able to continue reading, I just copy-pasted your new blogadress and put it in my faves. Hope this one won't just disappear though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no...I can so relate. I can't get a printer to work anymore to save my life since Google got rid of Cloud Print. I've tried everything I know and nada. Now that tax season is almost upon us The Mister is making lots of ugly noises about printing but I have no idea other than buying a whole new computer and operating system and the last time I did that it didn't go so well so I donated it all. All I have the brain space for is my nice simple little Chromebook. I can't deal with all that virus stuff anymore.

    ReplyDelete