Friday, January 14, 2022

Who Knows

Who knows what's about to happen to this blog.  Today is the day the domain expires and I still haven't been able to communicate with the current domain company.  

I also haven't had the time, energy or nerve to attempt to change the domain address to the new name on my own. Plus, I'm torn about changing the name.  I just handed out over 500 business cards at Winterfest with the old name and I still have 1,000 more on hand.  I hate to waste all that.

And because, as I've mentioned before, I'm lazy.  I don't look forward to the hassle of changing the name on all my social media accounts and every where else it shows up.  Heck, I don't even know the locations of all the places the blog name shows up.

But I also have never been able to figure out if I can re-purchase the old name with the new domain company the day after it expires with the old company or not.  Confused yet?  I sure am!

And then there's the fact that I've been considering changing blog hosting companies for years.  Maybe this is the push I need.  Simply shut this one down and start completely fresh with a new name and a new location.  

Who knows what I'll do.

Meanwhile, instead of thinking about/doing something about the domain name issue, I've been preparing for Valentine's Day.


Well, preparing my Etys shop for Valentine's.  I've been making these little fur faced gnomes.  I think they are adorable.


And beading Valentine's socks.


But mostly, I've been hanging out with my favorite little Valentine.

And yes, I realize January 14th is a little early to be talking Valentines but.... seeing as though this could potentially be the last post, Happy Valentines! ๐Ÿ˜

And don't forget, if I don't show back up here, you'll be able to find me at jeanniegrayknits.com.  Eventually.


4 comments:

  1. Technology can be a pain can't it? I'm sorry you're still having issues. But on the bright side that happy gnome and socks are great. And your special Valentine is wonderful. I know how much of a joy she is to you because I have a few myself!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our web stuff, and yet we hate it!! I run a Wordpress blog for my guild and it's not quite the same functions as my own Wordpress, you wouldn't believe all the colorful language I use when I hit snags on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to do Wordpress before but could never make heads or tails of it. Not a single thing about it makes any sense to me. I have always used, and liked, Blogger even though you can't do as much with it as with Wordpress.

      Delete
  3. love your gnome and your wee little grand!! she is growing!!

    ReplyDelete