Tuesday, January 4, 2022

First Snow

 Gosh, it's been a while since I blogged.  Do I even remember how??


I hope you had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.  Our Christmas was pretty low-key and New Years was spent at Winterfest.  At least, mine was.  It's over now though and I've been busy putting things away and cleaning up the mess I created preparing for and dealing with Winterfest.  Good grief, what a disaster my craft space was!


We are having our first snowfall of 2022 and this photo makes me think of the Wizard of Oz.  I don't Miss Gulch will be riding her bike today.


I sure am glad we cleared out our Winterfest booth the day before this storm hit instead of the day of as originally planned.  On Monday, I was wearing short sleeves, shorts and walking around barefoot outside in the rain.  On Tuesday, the temperature dropped, all the rain froze and the snow came.  A typical Virginia winter.


Believe it or not, those are color photos, taken around noon.  It was near white-out conditions for a while.  A very good day to stay inside, clean up and reorganize my craft space.  Tomorrow, I'll go back to knitting.

6 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you when I was watching the news about the disaster on 95. What a mess these last 24 hours have been. We are still snowed in here. I was hoping when I got up this morning it all had melted away and our warm temps were back but noooo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That 95 mess is right where we used to live. I'm very happy with the 4-ish inches we got and our roads are mostly clear today. Hope you are able to dig out quickly. Stay safe and warm!

      Delete
  2. It seems it was like that a lot of places. Warm one day and snow and ice the next. It was like that here in Nebraska. Flip flops on Thursday, Ice falling on Friday and snow on Saturday! Crazy!
    How did Winterfest go for you? Was it worth all of the time you spent on it? I'm always curious about that.
    Wishing you are fun afternoon of reorganization and preparing new projects.
    Blessings,
    Betsy
    http://betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know we aren't the only ones with crazy weather!
      Winterfest was exhausting, a blast and profitable. I'm almost ready to start considering doing it again next year. :)

      Delete
  3. Brrr! We had a light dusting of snow, but thankfully nothing stuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got pretty lucky. 40 miles north of us got HAMMERED!

      Delete