Thursday, February 4, 2021

Three on Thursday - Quick Knits for Valentines

Thank you all for the wonderfully positive knitting and puzzle mojo you sent my way.  After reading your comments, I quickly finished the puzzle and pulled out a box of yarn and started a new project.  I'll show you the new shawl tomorrow but for now, I wanted to give back and share a little Valentine's knitting mojo with you.  So, for today's Three on Thursday, we have three quick to knit Valentines projects.


First up, and probably most difficult of the three, Valentine Plaids Hats from Cassandra May.  I just may have to knit all three of these for Hayden.  She's growing like a weed though so I better hurry!  The patterns are designed for newborn up to toddler size.


Or how about a cowl for the grown-ups?  Sweet Valentine Cowl, designed by Ambah O'Brien, is written for two sizes - a long and a short version.  I really like this one because I don't think I'd really notice the hearts if the cowl wasn't knit in traditional Valentines' colors.  Honestly, and no offense to the designer, I see lily pad leaves rather than hearts.  But that's probably because I've been reading a lot of fish pond/aquarium books lately and they are on my mind.  Whether they are intended to be hearts or lily pads, I like this design.


And, last but not least, a Valentines Dishcloth from Cecilia Fameli.  This pattern would be great for those of you (and most likely me) who have procrastinated until the 13th and are in a sudden Valentines Day panic.  Although it's technically a dishcloth, it could easily be used as a special wash cloth for the little one in your life.  Or knit it in manly colors for that boy child who's living on his own and may need a little motivation to wash his dishes. 

Thanks again for sending such an outpouring of knitting mojo my way.  You wouldn't believe how much it helped and I hope one of these patterns returns the favor.  I also hope you'll join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday link up.




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's Day really snuck up on me this year. The way the mail is going I doubt I even have time now to get a card out to the Grands. I am still receiving Christmas cards for crying out loud. I'll have to Amazon them something. At least they are getting things delivered on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been lucky with our mail. No problems here. Guess that's one benefit of living in an extremely rural county.

      Delete
  3. I have a pattern up on Ravelry --- Piece of My Heart Socks.

    The hats are adorable. You MUST make one (or more) for Hayden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hats! They are the cutest ever! I may have to make a whole bunch of these. Thanks for all of the links. I've made and gave away several Valentine dishcloths but I made them in lavender as it's the favorite color of the recipients. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete