Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Stress Eating

 What a crazy few days it has been!


I haven't made anywhere near as much progress on Anisah as I'd like.  Things have been tense around here and I just haven't had as much time to knit as I'd like.  And honestly, when I do have time to knit, I find myself stress eating chocolate covered almonds instead of knitting.

To begin with, the MIL is requiring more and more care and we can no longer leave her alone for a single minute.  It's exhausting!  But I'm not supposed to mention her here so that's all I'm going to say.  


Despite the craziness here in this house, I did get to spend a full day with Hayden at her house the other day.  But the reason for that visit is upsetting.  Hayden's parents were hit by a drunk driver the other night.  They had to go to the hospital but luckily they were treated and released.  Hayden's mom has a back injury and won't be able to pick Hayden up for a while so I went over to help out.  

Thankfully, Hayden was not in the car at the time of the accident.  Nor was their dog who'd been neutered that morning. Can you imagine the fiasco if the poor, drugged up dog had been with them?  Not to mention Hayden's parents probably would have ended up being arrested for assaulting the drunk guy if she had been in the car.  Luckily, a police officer witnessed the accident and they didn't even have to dial 911.  And of course, the drunk guy was a non-English speaking non-citizen without the proper paperwork. And he was so drunk the investigating officer thinks he was passed out when he hit them.  Nice. 

Needless to say, I've been stress eating rather than knitting.  But I have been knitting some and I've knit enough rows that I've had to add a ten's place marker to my chain row counter.  I'm weirdly excited by that.

And now I'm off to eat plain chocolate chips because I'm out of chocolate covered almonds and there's no other chocolate in the house. 

9 comments:

  1. Yikes! So sorry about the accident and just glad it wasn't worse and glad the dog and your darling granddaughter were not in the car. What you have managed to knit on the shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I'd be stress eating too. I can't tell you how many times I've been involved in serious accidents from drivers that shouldn't have been driving. It's an epidemic out there and it's not just folks that are drinking. No one's paying attention to what they are doing anymore. It makes me afraid to get in a car. My neighbor just moved his parents back in with him because the dad has early dementia. So what did they do? They bought the old guy a new car. Yes, he's driving around our neighborhood that is filled with kids. I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about what happened to them but am relieved that they weren't seriously injured and am glad that you're able to help out with Hayden! (I'm sure you don't mind spending extra time with that cutie, either.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I a SO glad they weren't injured seriously and that neigher Hayden or your granddog was in the car. That is a serious blessing isn't it? On the bright side, it is wonderful that you are available to be there to take care of Hayden.
    I'm sorry about the MIL. I think it's a prediction of the future for a lot of peple these days.
    Your shawl is gorgeous, love that yarn. I looked up the row counters on her shop. So pretty but I'm afraid I would be awful at figuring out how to use them!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad their injuries weren't any worse. I think Hayden looks like Zack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a horrible event. Prayers that little momma doesn't have back issues from now on. Make sure she follows the Dr's orders to a T. And prayers for the MIL situation. Life doesn't let us go for long with a few curve balls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that so much stress is going on. Thank god the kids are okay!! I pray that your MIL problem eases up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH jeannie , Big hugs. THat's all awful. You can stress eat. That's what we do. The baby is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You deserve all the chocolate covered almonds you can get. Such stressful times, so glad everyone is relatively okay after the accident. Thank God. Sending you a big hug to get through all of this.

    ReplyDelete