Tuesday, February 2, 2021

I'm scared!

I'm kind of scared.

I seem to have lost my knitting mojo.

I can't remember ever loosing my knitting mojo before.  Yes, there have been times when I didn't feel like finishing the piece I was knitting.  And there have been plenty of times where I had trouble starting a new project because I couldn't choose which project and/or yarn to knit. And there have even been times when I wasn't happy with a project I'd chosen and frogged it before I even really got going. But I don't think I've ever just not felt like knitting before.  At least not since I laid down all other crafts and began knitting obsessively 28 years ago.

I'm really kinda scared!


I'm so not into knitting at the moment, I didn't even go to the yarn shop to stock up on yarn and new patterns before the big snow storm hit.


When the storm hit, instead of curling up with a cup of hot chocolate and my knitting, I went for a walk instead.  

(Is there anything more cold and desolate than train tracks in the snow?)


When I got home from my walk, I curled up with a book instead of my knitting.


And when I finished my book, I fought with this %#$@$% puzzle some more.  Let me just say, if you are into puzzles, unless you enjoy pain and frustration, do NOT buy this one with a picture of a bunch of hillbillies camping in what looks like a wheat field with a creek running through it.  Normally, this size puzzle takes me three or four days, tops.  But this one?  This one I've been struggling with for twelve days.  Good grief!!  The wheat field part was bad enough but that sky!  Oh. My. Goodness!  The last time I sat down to work on it, it took me almost two hours to place six pieces!  The whole sky is night sky and bare, overlapping branches.  It's a nightmare!

Perhaps my puzzle frustration is affecting my knitting mojo.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  It's good in the sense that when I finish the puzzle, my knitting mojo will hopefully come back.... But at the rate I'm going, I may not finish this ^%&$%^$^ puzzle until the spring of 2023.

I'm really kinda scared!  Please, if you have any extra knitting mojo, send me some!


8 comments:

  1. Yikes!!! A cold walk instead of knitting? (and, yes, those train tracks are so desolate looking.) The puzzle looks like one my husband would enjoy! Sending knitting vibes to you that your mojo comes back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puzzle would have taken me a month or more. All those similar colors. Wow. That one is a challenge.
    I've kinda lost my sweater knitting mojo. My socks are still being worked on but my sweaters in progress are being neglected. I run hot and cold with big projects and I think I started too many at one time.
    I wish now I had taken a walk when The Mister wanted to on Sunday afternoon. All our snow is just wet slush now. It's a cold muddy mess out there. It snowed then rained. Then snowed then rained. Ugh. Not the winter wonderland I had hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, we've been working on a puzzle for several months so far and haven't made much headway -- it's a hard one.

    I think we all go through ebbs and flows in our mojo, so I wouldn't worry too much right now. It sounds like you're filling your time with some other things, and that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fast expressing some mojo to you.

    Those aren't hillbillies ..............those are MANLY MEN doing MANLY MEN things. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people are doing puzzles right now...except me. I detest them unless they are under 25 pieces and I'm doing them with my granddaughter!
    Sorry about the knitting mojo. I'm sure it will come back. I've actually gone a couple of days at a time without knitting but it called me back. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have all the quilting mojo in the world, so you can have my unused knitting mojo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will send you some Jeannie. Dont be afraid, it will pass. You've been a knitter for so long, its just a blip. GO on a pattern clearing tear on your ravelry pages. Look for inspiration perhaps at The Fat Squirrel podcast? Don't force it. It will come

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's hoping by the time you read this you will have found something to knit!!

    ReplyDelete