Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Slytherin vs The Hulk

Apparently I'm over my anti-dpn mood that I mentioned the other day.  As soon as I pressed "Publish" on that  post, I picked up the dpns and cast on for a pair of fingerless gloves and by the time you read this, they should be finished. 

Knitting a Slytherin sock
Patons Kroy Socks, Bramble Stripes

And today, I started a pair of socks.  These are the Slytherin vs The Hulk socks mentioned in that same post last week

yarn is mostly green and gray
The Slytherin skein

You can see from the yarn's evil behavior that I'm knitting the Slytherin sock first.

watching Harry Potter & Marvel movies while I knit socks

As I mentioned the other day, the yarn is Patons Kroy Socks in the Bramble Stripes colorway.  Sarah picked it out.  The store only had two skeins left and of course, the dye lots didn't match.  One skein appeared to be green and gray with a little brown thrown in.  Sarah liked it because it was Slytherin colors.  The other skein appears to be mostly purple and greens, thus, The Hulk.   I can't wait to see how differently they knit up.  It may be that the main difference is that they were wound in opposite directions because as you can see, Slytherin had quite a bit of purple hidden in the center.  We'll just have to wait and see how they turn out.

And while I knit the socks, I guess it's only natural that I binge watch the Harry Potter and Marvel movies.

Join me over at Frontier Dreams for the #CraftingOn link-up.


6 comments:

  1. If that's what the Slytherin skein is doing to you, I wonder what the Hulk will be up to. Binge watchin appropriate movies is the right thing to do, I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I thought about that after I posted this. I hope The Hulk yarn is in Dr. Banner's human form and treats me better than the Slytherin yarn. :)

      Delete
  2. Have you checked the yarn site for photos of the color range? Maybe it is wound in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movies and knitting just go together so well!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually force it, but I love it when my knitting, reading and/or binge watching have a theme.

      Delete