Monday, February 20, 2017

Makers' Monday

Welcome to Makers' Monday, a celebration of knitting designers, artists & creatives of all types.  

Valentines is in the wind and I've moved on to dreaming of St. Patrick's Day feasts and all things green. As a knitter, I also dream of yarn.  What do you get when you put the two together on Makers' Monday?  A showcase of beautiful green yarns and the artists who create them.  

First up,


Makers' Monday, St. Patrick's Day green yarn
Tea Leaf Green, courtesy of Morning Bright Yarn

"Tea Leaf Green" from Morning Bright Yarn.  Doesn't it just make you drool for spring?  The yarn is hand painted  80/20 certified organic merino/nylon sock yarn. I've shopped at Morning Bright Yarn before and have nothing but good things to say about my experience.  Tea Leaf Green is definitely going on my Wish List.


St. Patrick's Day green yarn; Makers' Monday
Emerald Isle Green, courtesy of Baskets Yarn and More

This beautiful skein contains 600 yards of hand spun and dyed 100% 23 micron count merino from Baskets Yarn and More out of Missouri.  The Colorway is Emerald Isle Green and it reminds me of an Irish hillside covered in Shamrocks. 


beautiful green wool, hand spun and hand dyed for St. Patrick's Day Makers' Monday
Over the Main, courtesy of Edgewood Garden Studio

Or how about this one of a kind beauty from Edgewood Garden Studio?  The colorway is Over the Main.  This yarn was both hand dyed & spun from Blue Faced Leicester.  I look at this yarn's coloring and feel like I'm sitting on an Irish hillside, looking down into a clear, blue lake loch.

Makers' Monday, St. Patricks Day celebration of yarn dyers and spinners
Fangorn, courtesy of Marigold Fibers

It just doesn't get much more shamrocky than this gorgeous yarn from Marigold Fibers.  This heavy worsted, mossy green, 100% merino is called Fangorn.  This was the first skein to catch my attention when I started researching yarns for this post but after seeing the other yarns I found, this one almost didn't make the cut.  The yarn is dark and doesn't really give me that jolt of 'Spring is almost here!' adrenaline.  But take a look here at how the yarn knits up. It's to die for!  (And don't tell, but there just might be a skein traveling towards me as I type this.)

Makers' Monday celebration of St. Patrick's Day green yarn
Light Spring Green, courtesy of Tommie James

Or maybe you prefer knitting with one of a kind bulky yarns.  This one comes from Tommie James and is described as 200 yards of 2 Ply hand spun, hand dyed bulky weight fine wool. It reminds me of a fuzzy green caterpillar.   How fun would this be to knit with?

Which of these is your favorite and what would/will you knit with it?

2 comments: