Monday, February 6, 2017

Makers' Monday

I thought I'd start a new thing to acknowledge and celebrate other knitters, designers and artisans.  I'm calling it Makers' Monday and today, I'm focusing on knitted gifts for Valentines Day.

I found each of these projects on Ravelry.  First up,

Makers' Monday pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/valentine-heart-hat
Valentine Heart Hat

The Valentine Heart Hat from Sandy Koh.  The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and the fair isle stitching is fairly simple making it not only a quick knit, but also a good color work beginner project.

Makers' Monday pattern for Valentines Day
Heart Dishcloth

The Heart Dishcloth is another quick to knit project from Yarnspirations.  Even better, it's free!

Makers' Monday - Valentine shawl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/with-tulips-in-my-heart
With Tulips in my Heart

Last but definitely not least, is the With Tulips in my Heart shawl.  It's an elongated triangle with simple stripes of garter stitch broken up with heart shaped lace and a picot edging.

Hurry up and get knitting. You only have eight days until Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment