Monday, February 13, 2017

Makers' Monday

Welcome to Makers' Monday - a celebration of knitting designers, artists & creatives of all types.

Do you like knitting cables?  I've been having so much fun knitting the cables on my Honeycomb sweater lately, I decided today's Makers' Monday would focus on celtic cable knitting.  Today's patterns all come from Ravelry.

Celtic Cables Scarf from Purls of Wisdom PA http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/celtic-cables-scarf-3
Celtic Cables Scarf

First up is the Celtic cables Scarf from Purls of Wisdom PA.  This scarf is knit loosely with bulky yarn so it should knit up quickly.  My kind of cable knitting!

cabled scarf from Deborah Lawless http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/celtic-braid-scarf
Celtic Braid Scarf

Next is the Celtic Braid Scarf designed by Deborah Lawless.  Knit with aran weight wool, the simple but dramatic cabling should make for a super warm scarf.

from Storm Moon Knits http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/celtic-cable-neckwarmer
Celtic Cable Neckwarmer, photo courtesy of Rebby

Last but not least is the Celtic Cable Neckwarmer, a free pattern from Storm Moon Knits.  Being much shorter than a regular scarf and knit with worsted weight wool, this neck warmer should be a super fast knit.

I've already put all three of these Celtic knitting projects into my Ravelry que.  How about you?

2 comments:

  1. That neckwarmer is awesome. Different color and in a nice soft wool would be amazing....I am thinking that I have a new order for your Etsy shop......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Isn't it pretty? I've added the pattern to my To Knit For Myself list. Ethically, I can't knit & sell things I didn't design but for you, Kate.....

      Delete