Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along

Thank goodness Ginny over at Small Things hosts a weekly 'Yarn Along' where we share what we are knitting and reading.  I made a commitment to myself that I was going to participate each week and if it wasn't for the Yarn Along, I wouldn't be bothering with this post.  It's been an insanely nonproductive week as far as knitting and/or reading goes.

Knitted Reyna shawl.  Simple lace triangular shawl.
Reyna 

My Reyna shawl has a few more rows but not enough to be noticeable.

striped cowl in autumn colors for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits  fall colored stripes
Make Believe 2 Cowl

I've knit a few more pattern repeats on the cowl but again, not enough to be noticeable.

brown adult sized beanie, slightly slouchy hat with cables on the brim
https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits

The one saving grace for the week is this hat.  It practically knit itself.  The yarn is Patons Classic Wool in the Chestnut Tweed colorway.  I was in my local Joanne's Fabric store buying buttons & discovered the yarn on sale.  I'd never seen Patons Classic Wool in a tweed like that with the blips of color before.  The yarn just jumped into my cart all by itself and once I got home, it just magically cast itself onto the needles and before I could even get dinner in the oven, I had a hat.

As for what I'm reading, I'm still reading Sweet Southern Trouble by Heather McGhee.

a 99 cent Kindle book written by Heather McGhee


It's a cute romance novel set in a small southern town and it's well worth it's 99 cent Kindle price tag.  I've noticed a few editing errors (which always seem to plague the 99 cent Kindle books) but not so many it becomes difficult to read.

6 comments:

  1. I love your projects. And the colors! From the sweet colors in your Reyna to the vibrant colors in the cowl and the fun tweedy brown in the hat - they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm like a toddler - I get bored easily so I end up knitting many things at once in many more colors.

      Delete
  2. I love that reyna shawl, I wished I had more than 400 yards cuz I could have knit forever!! lovely knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost wish you hadn't introduced me to the pattern. Now, every skein in my stash pile wants to be a Reyna. :) It's a relaxing knit though so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I knit massive quantities of them.

      Delete
  3. Your projects are all wonderful! I'm knitting a Reyna right now, and it seems like a lot of other people are, too. That cowl is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Reyna seems to have gone viral. It is a great pattern. VERY simple but with just enough pattern to keep me motivated.

      Delete