Monday, March 21, 2016

Good Grief!

I feel like this over-pruned grape vine.

I over-pruned the grape vines and it's leaking sap
Grape vine weeping sap.

In other words, I feel like weeping.

I feel like I have the flu.  A deadly version of the flu.  Or, maybe it's more like I was hit be three large trucks after being in a wrestling match which was proceeded by a boxing match.  I'm at that stage where I wish I were on life support so that some caring relative could pull the plug & put an end to me.

And what makes me feel even worse is knowing that the reason I feel this way is my own damn fault.

You see, "the season" started yesterday.  I went back to work.

Since January 1st, one of my weekly to-do's has been to "get in KD shape," meaning, get off my butt, step away from the computer/TV screen and move.  And at the end of each week, I've  put a little arrow beside the to-do item indicating that I did not accomplish the task but plan to next week.

So, I went back to work yesterday.  It was great to see everyone again and we all did the "how was your winter?" thing and they all laughed when I said I'd spent it "Netflixing & knitting."

And since I really did spend the entire winter doing absolutely nothing but sitting on my butt, watching Netflix & knitting, and because I stupidly wore shoes with absolutely no arch support & spent the entire shift standing, and because I only had two cups of coffee instead of my normal three pots yesterday, and because I probably also didn't drink enough water, and because I had a slice of left over pizza for breakfast yesterday & a pack of crackers around 5 p.m. & nothing else to eat all day, I woke up this morning unable to move.  My shoulders are sore & don't want to move my arms, legs & butt are sore from standing on the hard concrete floor for the entire shift.  My feet are suffering from plantar fasciitis & don't even want to touch the floor, my head feels like it's going to explode from caffeine withdrawal & probably a slight case of dehydration (I'm overly sensitive to not getting enough water) and my belly is growling but I'm too stiff & sore to open the refrigerator door.

Good grief!

Good grief, I need to get in shape.  Maybe I should put it on my calendar.

Oh wait, I already did.

Good grief!

In knitting news, my recent knitting progress is almost as pathetic as my poor, stiff body.

hand knit sock https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Falling For You

The second Falling For You sock now has part of a foot and my Pebble Beach shawl has reached the 25% mark.  I'd say I was planning to finish that sock today but it's sitting over on the edge of my work table, about three feet away from where I'm sitting.  And I don't think I can reach that far.

Good grief!

1 comment:

  1. oh my :( feel better soon. I should be doing more for exercise but I'm still recovering from walking all over nyc for two days more than two weeks ago....crazy!!

    ReplyDelete