Wednesday, September 7, 2011

True Love!

First, let me say how much I HATE my internet service.  I love my Verizon cell service, but my Verizon phone card internet service is the absolute pits!  And why do I mention this?  Because I just spent an hour typing this blog entry & inserting photos and getting it just so.  I pressed "publish post" and all my typing disappeared and the nice "You aren't connected to the internet, sucker!" screen appeared.  And of course it's dinner time and I don't have time to retype it all.  Argh!

Anyway....

I finished my Stacy Shawl from Wendy Knits Lace last night, blocked it this morning and unpinned it this afternoon.  It's Perfect!  Absolutely perfect!

As much as I love to knit shawls, I don't wear them.  I feel silly, old and fat in them.  Triangular shapes make me feel like I have a giant neon sign pointing at my overly large butt.  Any other shape makes me feel like I'm wearing a tent.  Because of my height & broad shoulders (a kinder way of saying I'm gargantuan) shawlettes barely cover my shoulder blades.  There just isn't much point in wearing them.  And long, rectangular shawls annoy the life out of me.  I never have figured out how to wear one and move my arms at the same time.   But the Stacy shawl is perfect!!!  The point in the back hits the small of my back, not my butt.  The side edges are the perfect length - the edge just barely brushes my inner elbow. Which means, it's long enough to keep my arms warm but not so long as to either bunch up in my elbows or to prevent me from using my hands.  It even stayed on me when I did the "It's Perfect!" dance.  And that was a pretty wild dance!

The photo is horrible.


For the life of me, I can't take a decent photo of anything large being blocked on the floor.  I probably need to stand in a chair to get a better angle, but...

I used two and a half skeins of Silk Wool and #8 needles.

I wish I had time to retype what I'd had before.  I'd blathered on about this shawl having a new way (for me at least) of casting on & starting the shawl.  I'd also discussed the fact that I liked my edging results better than the edging shown in the photo in the book.  Mine looks lacier.  Perhaps my yarn was thinner.  I didn't do a gauge swatch, nor did I measure my shawl pre or post blocking.  All I know is mine is perfect!

I also know that everyone is screaming for dinner and for some reason, they all seem to think I'm the only one capable of using the stove.  Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment