Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Holiday Charity Knitting


I finished the mittens and listed them for sale in my Etsy shop.  The colors are horrible in that photo, but in reality, they are very pretty.  The pinks and purples remind me of the inside of sea shells and make me long for a trip to the beach.   I was quite pleased with the yarn (Cascade 220 Paints.)  The colors didn't pool and it wasn't overly stripey.   The yarn itself didn't feel exceptionally soft, but the knitted fabric sure does.  If it hadn't have been for the fact that it was horribly humid out and in the mid 70's, I would have kept them on all day.  The photo is a bit ironic - mittens and flowers.  The real life colors looked good together though and it was raining so I didn't want to step off the porch.  Because of the cloudiness, the inside of our house was rather dark and dreary & lamp light really made the mitten's colors look strange in photos.

As soon as I finished those mittens, I cast on a new pair.  I'm knitting Game Day mittens.  In maroon, white & gold, of course.  Still haven't decided if they'll be true mittens or fingerless mitts.  I also haven't gotten very far in the knitting.  I had to take a knitting sabbatical yesterday & do laundry instead.  The entire family was out of clean socks.



If you are looking for a holiday charity knitting project, check out Wendy Knits.  She's helping to promote the Hats for Sailors program again this year.  I was only able to get a few hats knit last year.  Hopefully this year I can churn out quite a few more.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that anything you write in BLACK is impossible to see? Or maybe it's my monitor (about a zillion years old)

    ReplyDelete